City of Chowchilla Services Information
The City of Chowchilla has taken steps to modify the conducting of day-to-day business during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. City officials will limit person-to-person contact between personnel and the public. Procedures be continually evaluated and will remain in-effect until further notice.
CITY HALL ACCESS
- City Hall will be CLOSED TO PUBLIC ACCESS but City employees will be working to answer telephone calls and emails;
- Delivery drivers at City Hall are directed to call (559) 665-8615, ext. 783, ext. 112, or ext. 410;
- City employee on-premises time at City offices will be reduced with employees working from alternate sites, including from home if applicable, alternate work schedules, on-call during assigned work schedules, and paid administrative leave.
UTILITIES BILLS PAYMENTS
- Utilities bills can be paid using the drop box located on the building to the right of the front entrance towards the alleyway; write your account number on the check, NO CASH PLEASE and use an envelope if you have one available;
- Pay utilities bills online using Xpress Bill Pay from the City website at www.CityOfChowchilla.org;
- Payments can also be made by telephone by calling (559) 665-8615, ext. 783. Understand that the potential volume and length of calls may result in your call not being answered immediately and you may need to call back or leave a voice mail for a later call-back from City personnel;
- New utilities accounts can be setup by calling (559) 665-8615, ext. 783;
- The City will not charge late fees on utilities bills but customers are urged to pay the bills early;
- There will be no water shutoffs for the period of these modified procedures.
- The Chowchilla Police Department is committed to providing effective public safety;
- The inner lobby of the police department will be closed to the public;
- The outer front lobby will be available to the public;
- Police Department employees can be reached from a phone located near the closed door;
- Emergency calls should be made to 911;
- Officers will respond to emergency calls for service;
- Officers will patrol the community when not on calls for service but may limit in-person contacts;
- The community should call for non-emergency calls and to make reports at the non-emergency number (559) 665-8600, and at the recording, then press 0 for a dispatcher;
- Courts have changed their business practices during this time, therefore, the Police Department will not be signing-off on “fix it” citations;
- The pet licensing process will be postponed with the deadline extended for the duration of these modified procedures;
- The Dog & Cat Vaccine Clinic is postponed;
- All reports, live scanning and other non-essential functions are postponed to a future date.
- Full time personnel will ensure proper coverage at the Fire Station;
- Hydrant Specialist testing has been postponed for the time being;
- Fire personnel trainings will be postponed, but some smaller essential trainings may still occur;
- The Request for Proposals for the Fire Department expansion project has been postponed for the duration of these modified procedures.
COMMUNITY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (BUILDING SERVICES)
- For development or general zoning inquires email Planning@CityOfChowchill.org or call (559) 665-8615, ext. 410 or ext. 400.
- For plans drop call (559) 665-8615, ext. 410 or ext. 400.
- Forms for building permits and development applications are available from the City website at www.CityOfChowchilla.org under the Departments > Community & Economic Development tab. Completed documents can be emailed to Planning@CityOfChowchill.org;
- To speak with a City employee about building permits call (559) 665-8615, ext. 410 or ext. 400;
- Building inspections will be completed using a modified process for the duration of these modified procedures;
- Essential operations and services will be maintained such as water service and quality testing, wastewater treatment plant operations, and other safety related responsibilities;
- Office operations will be modified in the provision of information and tasks assignments;
- Parks maintenance will be restricted to basic care to ensure safe and clean (sanitized) play equipment;
- Parks facilities including playgrounds and sports fields are closed and locked to prevent access;
- Park pavilions reservations are being cancelled and refunds will be issued and no new pavilion reservations will be accepted for the duration of these modified procedures;
- Department employees will respond to emergencies such as water line breaks, road repairs, etc.
- The facility is closed for all activities and services;
- The on-site congregate senior citizen meal program is suspended by Community Action Partnership of Madera County;
- Alternative home deliveries for eligible senior citizens will be facilitated through Fresno Madera Area Agency on Aging and CAPMC, and new recipients are directed to call FMAAA at (559) 214-0299.
- The CITY Bus (CATX) dispatchers will screen calls so as to minimize any potential illness spread and to protect bus drivers and other riders;
- Persons who are ill should find alternative transportation and not use the public bus system;
- A bus will carry no more than three (3) riders at the same time unless they are from the same household;
- Bus drivers are taking extra precautionary measures to sanitize the vehicles inside and out;
- The CITY Bus (CATX) is monitoring public health agencies for updated guidelines.