City Government
City Council
Commissions & Committees
Agendas, Minutes & Hearings
City Departments
City Directory
City Forms
City Jobs
Bids - RFP's & RFQ's
Municipal Code
Public Information
RDA Successor Agency
(under construction)

Our Community
City Facts
CATX/CATLinx Public Transit
City Maps
New Resident Information
Photo Gallery
Links & Contacts

Frequently Asked Questions

Chamber of Commerce
Chamber of Commerce

Chowchilla Fair & Events Center

Site Map
Site Map




City of Chowchilla
Copyright 2005-2013  All Rights Reserved


City Utilities

Where do I sign up for City utilities?

Contact the Finance Department (Utilities counter) at the Chowchilla Civic Center which is located at 130 S. Second Street, Civic Center Plaza. Walk-in business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday (except federal and state holidays).

What do I need to be able to sign up?

You may download an application for services here or obtain one from the Finance Department by coming in to the Civic Center or call them at (559) 665-8615, ext. 783 to have an application faxed or mailed to you. Once you have the completed application, bring it to the Finance Department, along with the following items: rental/lease agreement or escrow closing statement, a copy of your drivers license, passport with picture ID, or California ID card.

What do I pay when signing up for services?

After the Finance Department accepts the application, be prepared to pay a security deposit for service as per a set fee schedule. For more information on this, call the Finance Department at (559) 665-8615, extension 783.

Where do I pay for City utility services?

Monthly payments may be mailed to the Chowchilla Civic Center at 130 S. Second Street, Civic Center Plaza, Chowchilla CA 93610, or brought in to the Finance Department at the Civic Center between walk-in hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. A drop slot is available along the front of the Civic Center for after business hours or closure days. Please do not leave cash in the drop box.
See Utility Billing information regarding payment deadlines and late fees.

What type of payments are accepted for City utilities?

Cash, checks, money orders and Visa or MasterCard are accepted. Online bill payment is now
available. Click here to sign up for online service or click here for further information.

Is my bill for the current month, past month, or next month?

The City billing system is set up to bill you for the prior month. For example, on March 1, you will receive a bill for February services. You have until March 19 to pay your bill. If March 19 falls on a weekend, the bill is due by 4:00 p.m. the following business day. After that, a 10% penalty will be applied to your account.

If I fall behind on my bill, will my service be interrupted?

If you are unable to pay your bill, please call us at (559) 665-8615, ext. 783 or come to the Finance Department at the Civic Center to discuss the status of payment options.

My water has been shut off. What do I do now?

If your water service has been shut off due to non-payment, you must bring your account to current status before service reconnection can occur.

How do I cancel or make changes to my City utility services?

In order to terminate or make changes to your water, sewer and garbage service, the request must be made in writing by the account holder. You
may download a copy of the account closure form here or obtain one by visiting the Finance/Utilities counter or call them at (559) 665-8615, ext. 783 to have a form faxed or mailed to you. The account holder remains responsible for the monthly utility services until notification is received from them.

I still need more information on City utility services - where do I look?

Please refer
to Chowchilla Municipal Code Chapter 13.16.